Pages

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Holiday blog

Holiday Blogging
Activity One:Question:

I Choose Running because I heard that the athlete runs from this side to another side of the stadium and that's pretty cool.
Activity Two:
In the ancient Olympic the winner never ever got gold medals they got palm leaf for their hands and a crown for there head to show they were a winner.
Facts about Milo of Kroton : 
He was the six time Olympic  victor.
He won seven crowns 
He is the son of Diotimus
Activity Three:
Question:



Which of these events: Running, wrestling, boxing, pankration horse racing and pentathlon would you compete in? Click on the name of the sport and it will take you to a site that tells you about the sport. On your blog tell us which sport you would choose and why you chose it?



During the ancient Olympic Games, men were allowed to compete in the events but women were not. In fact, women were often forbidden from even watching the games. In your opinion, is this a fair rule? Why or why not? On your blog please tell us what you think about this interesting rule?

I think its not fair because girls can play as good as boys can....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary!

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme! I am so happy that you have joined us this holiday. I am also really happy to see that you have already posted activity blogs for the first three activities. Well done!

    Like you, I would have also chosen running as my sport because I quite enjoy it. I'm not a great runner, though, so I would have probably chosen the diaulos race (middle distance). That way I wouldn't have to be the fastest or be able to run for lengths and lengths like the endurance runners do. What about you? Would you have been a sprinter, a middle distance runner or an endurance runner?

    If you have time I would love it if you wrote back to tell me which option you would have chosen if you were alive during the ancient Olympic era. Speaking of the ancient Olympics, I also really enjoyed reading your facts about Milo of Croton. He sounds like quite an amazing man~he was clearly very strong and very successful as a wrestler. These days I believe that the most successful Olympian is a man named Michael Phelps. He was won a staggering 22 Olympic medals in swimming over the past decade. Do you like swimming?

    I hope that you are able to continue the Winter Learning Journey this holiday. I really enjoyed your post and will plan to come back and check your site in a few days to see if you've posted any other activity blogs!

    Cheers, Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.